1/2 Photos of Chocolate Dessert Cake
1 hr 10 mins
I found this recipe in the Weekly Times paper, and am posting her to make soon. DS has a GF that is gluten intolerant and I thought I might make this one night when she is over.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 20cm round cake tin. Line the base and sides of the tin and grease the paper.
- 2Place the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over another saucepan containing boiling water, making sure the water doesn't bubble into the chocolate mix. Stir over low heat until melted.
- 3Dissolve coffee in hot water. Add to the chocolate mix with the sugar and almond. Mix well.
- 4Beat in egg yolks, one at a time. Beat egg whites to stiff peaks; gently fold into chocolate mixture, gradually.
- 5Pour into tin. Cook in moderate oven for about 50 minutes or until firm to touch. Cover with foil if browning too much.
- 6Cool in tin. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dessert Cake
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.1
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 96.4 mg
- Sodium 118.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g