Recipe by Caryn (NZ)
This is a variation of a recipe I found in the NZWD Magazine. I used vanilla flavoured thickened cream. I had never made a cheesecake before so was pleased it was successful for a 'beginner'. Cooking time is 'setting time'.
- 400 g chocolate cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 150 g butter
- 100 g dark cooking chocolate
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 500 g cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 200 g cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, broken
- 300 ml thickened cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend plain chocolate biscuits until fine.
- Add melted butter and blend to combine.
- Press mixture evenly over base and up sides of 20cm spring-form tin.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- FILLING Sprinkle gelatine over water in a heatproof jug.
- Stand jug in pot of simmering water and stir until dissolved.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in gelatine mixture.
- Add chopped biscuits Fold in cream.
- Pour Filling into prepared spring-form tin.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over cheesecake to decorate.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours to set.