Recipe by Kimberly D.
This layered desert is rich and delicious. It is a real crowd pleaser. I like to use "light" cream cheese and whipped topping to cut down on the calories slightly.
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 carton Cool Whip
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- chopped pecans or grated chocolate or chocolate chips, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine margerine, flour and pecans.
- Press into 13x9in.
- Bake@ 375 for 15 min.
- Combine cheese, sugar, and 1 1/2 c.
- whipped topping.
- Blend and spread over crust.
- Combine pudding mixes and milk.
- Beat two min.
- at med.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding layer.
- Garnish with pecans and choc.
- (opt.) Refrigerate.
- Note: I like to make sure I always garnish with the pecans, especially when I make this dish for a pot luck, since there are nuts in the crust, people with allergies to nuts will avoid it if they see them on the top.