Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious chocolate dessert that everyone will love!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (softened)
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- Mix flour, chopped pecans, and margarine together. Press into a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and cool whip. Spread mixture on cooled crust, set aside.
- Mix instant pudding with milk. Put this mixture on top of cream cheese mixture. Top with cool whip (as much as you want) and a few chopped pecans.
- (Any type of pudding will do, but since it's called chocolate delight, I went with chocolate pudding.).
This is really decadent! It doesn't say what size pan to use, so I used an 8-inch square. Also, I think it should be refrigerated for a couple of hours to firm it up (which I did). As you can tell by my photo, there is really no way to get nice, neat slices out :) I "healthied" it up a bit by using low-fat cream cheese, Cool whip and fat-free no-sugar pudding mix. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.
This has been a favorite of mine FOR YEARS. Simple and yummy. With my husband being a banana lover I altered it by slicing up four bananas and mixing them with about a Tblsp lemon juice. After sitting 2 minutes I layered them over the crust layer. The cream cheese layer spreads over the banas easier when left at room temp. Finish recipe out as directed. Crazy good!
This dessert has been a family favorite for over 20 years and I've made a few adjustments. I can't show up at many family and friends picnics without it, they threaten to send my family home, haha!!! Using an 11x13" glass baking dish: Crust: 3/4 cup flour 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers 1 cup crushed pecans 3/4 cup butter (I love salted Plugra European style) Bake 22 minutes at 350. For the next layer I use: 1&1/2 cups softened Philadelphia cream cheese 1&1/2 cups confectioners sugar Refrigerate for about an hour to allow for the next layer. When making the next layer I have found it best to double the amount of Jell-O chocolate pudding and heavy cream then allow it to chill in the refrigerator for two hrs. Finally top with 2 cups of Cool Whip and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of finally chopped pecans. When making this desert in the summer I often skip the pecans on the top and replace them with blueberries in the top left-hand corner and sliced strawberries in rows to look like in American flag.