Recipe by Kilalaflames
A delicious chocolate dessert that everyone will love!
Top Review by Heather Ann V.
This dessert has been a family favorite for over 20 years and I've made a few adjustments. I can't show up at many family and friends picnics without it, they threaten to send my family home, haha!!! Using an 11x13" glass baking dish: Crust: 3/4 cup flour 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers 1 cup crushed pecans 3/4 cup butter (I love salted Plugra European style) Bake 22 minutes at 350. For the next layer I use: 1&1/2 cups softened Philadelphia cream cheese 1&1/2 cups confectioners sugar Refrigerate for about an hour to allow for the next layer. When making the next layer I have found it best to double the amount of Jell-O chocolate pudding and heavy cream then allow it to chill in the refrigerator for two hrs. Finally top with 2 cups of Cool Whip and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of finally chopped pecans. When making this desert in the summer I often skip the pecans on the top and replace them with blueberries in the top left-hand corner and sliced strawberries in rows to look like in American flag.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (softened)
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, chopped pecans, and margarine together. Press into a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and cool whip. Spread mixture on cooled crust, set aside.
- Mix instant pudding with milk. Put this mixture on top of cream cheese mixture. Top with cool whip (as much as you want) and a few chopped pecans.
- (Any type of pudding will do, but since it's called chocolate delight, I went with chocolate pudding.).