Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very rich dessert. We usually only make at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) package Jell-O chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt the butter and mix with the flour and pecans.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13x2 baking dish and pat down over the bottom.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Then cool.
- Mix 1/2 of the cool whip, cream cheese and powdered sugar and layer on top of the cooled crust.
- Top with the already made pie filling as directed on package.
- Layer on top the other half of the cool whip.
- Sprinkle a few chopped pecans on top to garnish.
- Refrigerate till served.
This is so good! My mom used to make this when I was young and this taste just like I remember it. Thanks!!
Definitely rich, but OH, what a chocolate fix! Made this full recipe, then divided it, shipping off half of it to appreciative neighbors who are also chocoholics! I did roast the peacans to bring out even more flavor there! Very, very nice! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]