Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
With a name like this, I couldn't resist! Recipe is from Nestles.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, divided
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 9-inch round baking pan with foil; lightly grease.
- Microwave 1 cup chocolate chips in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on high power for 1 minute.
- Chips may retain some of their original shape.
- If necessary, microwave at additional 10-15-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, beat on high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in melted chocolate.
- Gradually beat in flour alternately with milk.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until wooden pick in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Lift cake from pan; remove foil.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream.
- To make cream: Beat heavy whipping cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form.