Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Cooking Light version of a sinful dessert is wonderful. Very intense flavor, and easy to make
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, plus
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- 8 teaspoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat 4 (2-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray, and sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon sugar into each of the ramekins, shaking and turning to coat. Set prepared ramekins aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, milk, and cocoa in a small saucepan, stirring well with a whisk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 30 seconds or until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add the butter and 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Cool chocolate mixture 10 minutes.
- Add flour, vanilla, salt, and egg white to chocolate mixture, stirring with a whisk just until blended. Spoon 2 tablespoons chocolate mixture into each prepared ramekin, and top each with 2 teaspoons chocolate chips. Divide the remaining chocolate mixture evenly among ramekins, spreading to cover the chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until barely set. Cool for 10 minutes. Invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm.
This is my friends most requested dessert at my house. We usually have all the ingredients on hand and love it.
This is a wonderful dessert. Very chocolatey and quick to prepare too! The only change I made was use regular chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet for the filling. I baked it for 20 mins as stated but the outside wasn't as moist (it wasn't dry either) and the inside wasn't as gooey as I expected it to be so next time I shall bake it for 15 mins and see how that turns out. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe, I definitely will be making it again! Made for Camera-less Chef Game #5, '08.
Valentines Day dessert perfection. My beau is a bakery manager for a major grocery chain - not to mention his first true love is chocolate (to my endless dismay) and he loved this!