Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "Traditions" Junior League of Little Rock cookbook- these are tiny chocolate cakes - almost a brownie - and are sinful!!!! I place a pecan piece on top of them just before the frosting sets for decoration and to let people know that there are nuts in them... of course you don't have to use pecans!!! NOTE: I added 2 tsp instant espresso powder to the melted butter and chocolate in the batter... I also just combined instant espresso powder with water for the 1/2 cup coffee... yea, I'm lazy!!!!
- oven 350°F.
- Melt chocoalte and butter in a double boiler (or microwave) and combine till smooth.
- Add sugar, flour, vanilla and eggs - combine.
- Add nuts and stir.
- USING MINI-MUFFIN tins (or just mini-muffin cups on cookie sheets) fill about halfway full (I used a mellon baller for this) and bake 14-15 minutes.
- While deadlies are cooking - prepare frosting.
- Melt Additional 4 tbsp butter and chocolate.
- Stir in powdered sugar (use a whisk).
- Add enough coffee to make a smooth mixture (I always use all the coffee - the frosting will be very thick, but it's okay).
- Frost deadlies while they are hot -- Thick frosting will spread out in the mini-muffin cups.
- Top with pecan half, if desired.