From "Traditions" Junior League of Little Rock cookbook- these are tiny chocolate cakes - almost a brownie - and are sinful!!!! I place a pecan piece on top of them just before the frosting sets for decoration and to let people know that there are nuts in them... of course you don't have to use pecans!!! NOTE: I added 2 tsp instant espresso powder to the melted butter and chocolate in the batter... I also just combined instant espresso powder with water for the 1/2 cup coffee... yea, I'm lazy!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1oven 350°F.
- 2Melt chocoalte and butter in a double boiler (or microwave) and combine till smooth.
- 3Add sugar, flour, vanilla and eggs - combine.
- 4Add nuts and stir.
- 5USING MINI-MUFFIN tins (or just mini-muffin cups on cookie sheets) fill about halfway full (I used a mellon baller for this) and bake 14-15 minutes.
- 6While deadlies are cooking - prepare frosting.
- 7Melt Additional 4 tbsp butter and chocolate.
- 8Stir in powdered sugar (use a whisk).
- 9Add enough coffee to make a smooth mixture (I always use all the coffee - the frosting will be very thick, but it's okay).
- 10Frost deadlies while they are hot -- Thick frosting will spread out in the mini-muffin cups.
- 11Top with pecan half, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Deadly Delights
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.0
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 34.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g