Recipe by **Mandy**
Nutella, Dates & Walnuts all wrapped in bread..Mmmm sounds good to me, from Fresh Living Mag.
- 1 (7 g) sachet dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 125 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine yeast, 1 tsp of the sugar and warm milk in a jug. Set aside for 5 mins until frothy. Sift flour and cinnamon into a large bowl. Rub in butter using your fingertips. Stir in remaining sugar and orange rind.
- Whisk egg into yeast mixture and pour into flour. Mix to a dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 3 minutes Place in a large, greased bowl. Cover and set aside for 45 mins until doubled in size.
- Punch dough and knead for 2 mins until smooth. Roll out to 40cm x 24cm rectangle. Spread with chocolate and scatter with dates and nuts. Preheat oven to 210°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Roll up from long side. Cut into eight slices. Place one slice onto centre of tray, then other slices around it in a circle. Cover and leave for 30 minutes Bake for 20 mins until golden. Cool on a wire rack.