There's only one thing wrong with this old recipe of my Mother's...it never goes far enough! Trust me..it's delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place dates in a microwave proof jug with water.
- 2Cook for 3 minutes on high.
- 3Cream the margarine and sugar.
- 4Add the hot date mixture and beat well.
- 5Add the flour, cocoa and Soda.
- 6Bake in a greased square slab tin (7 x 7") 200°C for 15-20 minutes.
- 7Leave in tin to cool then cut into bars.
- 8HINT: Delicious if topped with a lemon icing while still warm.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Date Bars
Serving Size: 1 (625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.5
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 244.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g