Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
There's only one thing wrong with this old recipe of my Mother's...it never goes far enough! Trust me..it's delicious!
- Place dates in a microwave proof jug with water.
- Cook for 3 minutes on high.
- Cream the margarine and sugar.
- Add the hot date mixture and beat well.
- Add the flour, cocoa and Soda.
- Bake in a greased square slab tin (7 x 7") 200°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave in tin to cool then cut into bars.
- HINT: Delicious if topped with a lemon icing while still warm.