Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I recipe I came up with for my cookie tray this year
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄3 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt until well blended .
- cream butter and sugar until smooth in a eparate bowl, then beat in the egg and yolk. mix the sifted ingredients into the creamed butter slowly
- Divide dough and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- heat the oven to 375 degrees F and on a lightly floured surface roll out the chilled dough to about 1/6 inch thickness and cut dough into shapes. Be careful its sticky!
- Bake cookies 8 to 10 then let cool on sheets for a few minutes before removing them to a rack.
A bit too chocolaty for my liking though my daughter just loved them. I think I'd made again but maybe halve the amount of cocoa. We'll see how that goes. Thanks for sharing.
We made these as drop cookies and filled some with Recipe #264991 for an added treat. These cookies are crisp, and very chocolaty! The dough has a texture of refridgerator cookie dough. While adding the dry and wet ingredients it took a bit of coaxing for the ingredients to come together and it seemed to be too dry, but I stayed true to the recipe and found they turned out just the right consistency. Thanks for posting this nice chocolate lovers' recipe! ~Buddha
Great tasting cookies! Certainly not the soft, chewy kind, but that was OK by me, 'cause I found them to be exceptional for dunking into hot chocolate, as well as crumbled over some frozen peach yogurt! And just so you know, they were in the oven just a hair under 8 minutes! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]