Recipe by Marie
Chocolate cut out cookies - would be cute cut into animal shapes. Frost with your favorite icing and decorate as desired or just give them a dusting of powdered sugar. Cooking time is per batch. Recipe courtesy of Gooseberry Patch.
Top Review by Cantcook2saveme
I can't cook but I can bake. I tried this recipe and was very hopeful since it was the first dough I have done that was easy for the cut outs. But they turned out horrible that we threw them out. First for this true fat girl! Maybe I did something wrong. they had no taste and horrible after taste? Maybe it was me?
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar, then add egg.
- Blend until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Form dough into 2 flattened rounds.
- Wrap and chill for about 1 hour.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 1/8" thickness.
- Cut with cookie cutters as desired.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheets at 350º for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool; frost and decorate as desired.