Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is from BHG Low Fat Food 1995. The whole recipe is 8 1/2 points, and serves 6 - that's 1 1/2 points per serve. Tastes as good as the WW Instant Chocolate Pudding sachet dessert. I have used Splenda instead of sugar to keep the points low. Whole recipe has 1 gm fat.
- 78.07 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 29.58 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 78.07 ml cornflour (cornstarch)
- 0.59 ml salt
- 600 ml skim milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
- Combine Splenda, cocoa, cornflour and salt in a heavy based saucepan.
- Stir in the milk, beat together well.
- Cook, stirring over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Continue to cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into six dessert dishes and refrigerate.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
Very healthy, as written, but not very tasty. I doubled the ccoa, as suggested by another reviewer, then tasted it when it was finished. Still not very tasty. I used a trick from another recipe and tossed in a chunked up chocolate bar, which melted and I stirred it in. Tastier, but killed the healthful factor.
Another tasty recipe in my search for the perfect non-fat pudding. Among those I've tried this was certainly the most creamy a true virtue. I added my splenda with the vanilla, a technique that avoids the funny taste that ladypit mentioned. My only comment would be that this lacked an intense chcocolate flavor, or at least for the tastebuds of this chocoholic. Thinking I will double the cocoa next time. Thanks for the low point treat.
Delicious, nice, creamy chocolate pudding..and low fat! Thanks for a great recipe.