Recipe by jackandfiona
This recipe is from BHG Low Fat Food 1995. The whole recipe is 8 1/2 points, and serves 6 - that's 1 1/2 points per serve. Tastes as good as the WW Instant Chocolate Pudding sachet dessert. I have used Splenda instead of sugar to keep the points low. Whole recipe has 1 gm fat.
Top Review by Kasha
Very healthy, as written, but not very tasty. I doubled the ccoa, as suggested by another reviewer, then tasted it when it was finished. Still not very tasty. I used a trick from another recipe and tossed in a chunked up chocolate bar, which melted and I stirred it in. Tastier, but killed the healthful factor.
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 600 ml skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Splenda, cocoa, cornflour and salt in a heavy based saucepan.
- Stir in the milk, beat together well.
- Cook, stirring over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Continue to cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into six dessert dishes and refrigerate.
- Serve with fresh fruit.