Prep 40 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a delicious custard recipe I came up with while experimenting with an ice cream recipe my mom used to use when I was little.
- 400 ml water
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 50 ml custard powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 50 g milk chocolate
- In a pan, place the can of condensed milk (unopened) and cover it completely with water. Bring to boil, then simmer for about 3 hours, making sure the can stays covered in water.
- Once it's done, leave it to cool completely, then open it carefully.
- Combine the water and evaporated milk. Mix a little of the milk mixture with the custard powder.
- Add the rest of the milk and heat to thicken. Stir in the boiled condensed milk then chill the mixture in the fridge.
- Grate the chocolate and beat it into the mixture with the egg.
- Place in the freezer until it begins to freeze, then beat with an electric beater.
- Place in the freezer again until hard. Alternatively you can place it in an ice cream churner.