3 hrs 40 mins
This is a delicious custard recipe I came up with while experimenting with an ice cream recipe my mom used to use when I was little.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pan, place the can of condensed milk (unopened) and cover it completely with water. Bring to boil, then simmer for about 3 hours, making sure the can stays covered in water.
- 2Once it's done, leave it to cool completely, then open it carefully.
- 3Combine the water and evaporated milk. Mix a little of the milk mixture with the custard powder.
- 4Add the rest of the milk and heat to thicken. Stir in the boiled condensed milk then chill the mixture in the fridge.
- 5Grate the chocolate and beat it into the mixture with the egg.
- 6Place in the freezer until it begins to freeze, then beat with an electric beater.
- 7Place in the freezer again until hard. Alternatively you can place it in an ice cream churner.
Browse Our Top Ice Cream Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ice Cream Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Custard Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1113.5
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 228.1 mg
- Sodium 539.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 149.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 127.8 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: