Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
Compliments of Taste of Home. You need about 1 inch foil or paper cupcake cups ( these little suckers are SMALL compared to the regular sized cups). Can usually be found at a party or dollar store. You will also need a small flat never used paint brush or pastry brush. They say to add a dollop of whipped cream and then float on top of hot chocolate. I'm thinking that you could whip up a Butterscotch (or other) pudding and place inside or place sliced strawberries with whipped cream on top. Why not get even more creative and place maraschino cherries inside with a syrup and whipped cream. Let me know what you've done.
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 inch cupcake liners (aluminum foil or paper)
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring until smooth.
- With the brush, spread the chocolate mixture on the inside (bottom and sides) of the foil or paper cups. Place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm; about 45 minutes.
- Just before assembling, remove the foil or paper cup.
- Fill with desired filling.
A promotion for Tequila Rose used chocolate shot glasses for serving it. I used these for my homemade shotglasses. To assure no leaks, go over them again after they set with more chocolate. Other serving ideas, fill with nuts, M&M's (or other small candies) or peanut butter.