1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cupcakes With Nutella-Kahlua Ganache and Ferrero Roche
Cooking Creation's Note:
These cupcakes are so chocolaty and decadent. The Nutella-Kahlua ganache is so tasty that you will find yourself trying to not eat it all before you top the cupcakes. Note: If you would rather a thicker icing, as opposed to a glaze, simply reduce the amount of Nutella to 4 oz, allow the ganache to cool and beat it for several minutes until it becomes thick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 12 ferrero rocher candies, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces nutella (4 oz if whipped ganache is desired)
- 1 teaspoon Kahlua
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Add the salt.
- 3Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the butter, sour cream, milk and vanilla.
- 4Gradually stir the flour mixture into the batter, until just combined. Do not over-beat.
- 5Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- 6Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and cool completely.
- 7Make the ganache. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat until it just comes to a boil, being careful that it does not boil over. Remove from heat. In a double boiler over a gentle simmer, add the Nutella and pour the hot cream over all. Stir in the Kahlua and salt. Whisk until it becomes smooth and silky. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 8Once the cupcakes have cooled, turn them upside down and carefully dip them into the ganache, allowing the excess to drip off. If you would rather a whipped topping, beat the ganache to desired thickness, then spread over the cupcakes.
- 9Garnish each cupcake with one chopped Ferrero Rocher.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cupcakes With Nutella-Kahlua Ganache and Ferrero Roche
Serving Size: 1 (1048 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.0
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 182.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: