Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rich chocolate cupcakes are made even better with a thick and creamy cheesecake center.
Make and share this Chocolate Cupcakes With Cheesecake Centers recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl combine flour, 2 cups sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Beat for two minutes until well combined.
- Pour batter into paper lined muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Mix together cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt until well combined. Spoon 1 tablespoon of this mixture onto the center of each cupcake.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
I made this recipe today for my daughter's soccer banquet. I tastde one and it was delicious. The next time I make these I will use something different to put the cream cheese filling into the batter so they will be more uniform in appearance.
Ohhh, delicious!! Quick to make too! Made 24 cupcakes and baked for some 27 minutes - these are just heavenly and will definitely get made again! Thank you Slatts!
I didn't use the whole recipe here, so I won't leave stars, but I will say as an idea, this worked brilliantly! I did use the cheesecake part of the recipe and used it to fill in mini-cupcakes made with Chewy Chocolaty Brownies. Delicious and so cute!