Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is my all-time favorite cucake recipe. It never fails to make a moist, fluffy cupcake with just the right amount of sweetness. It is from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated cane juice
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder (Dutch-processed or regular or a mix of the two)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar in a large bowl, and set aside for a few minutes to curdle. Add the evaporated cane juice, oil, vanilla extract, and almond extract to the soy milk mixture and beat until foamy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add in two batches to wet ingredients and beat till no large lumps remain ( few tiny lumps are okay, don't over-beat!).
- Pour into liners, filling three-quarters ofthe way. Bake 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely.
I made these from the cookbook, not Zaar, but I thought it needs noting that these are *wonderful* vegan cupcakes. If you do not have VCTOtW, you should use this recipe :)