Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I met some friends in America, and they gave me one of these, and it was the best cupcake I have ever come across! They helped me make them later, and they were so easy!
- 7 ounces milk chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 miniature peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin pan with baking cups.
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- stir in vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, unbeaten eggs, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Fill muffin cups half full.
- place peanut butter cup in center of each and top with remaining batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
My husband called me on the cell phone to announce that these are the best cupcakes he has ever eaten! Lovely and oh so good! The recipe says to put one peanut butter cup in the center of each cupcake, but I put three! Thank you so much Pixie!
These cupcakes were a disaster - they came out terribly. I was so disappointed.