Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This is one of the best and easiest black forest desserts that is sure to be a huge hit at your potlucks and church dinners. It's so rich and lovely, you might want to leave it at home for after the shindig.
- 16 chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) packagehostess cupcakes (8 Cupcakes)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cookies in work bowl of food processor; process until fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter and pulse to combine.
- Press across bottom of 9 x 13-inch dish to make a crust.
- Whisk together pudding and milk for 2 minutes.
- Spoon pudding over crust.
- Cut each Hostess Cupcake into fourths and arrange, cream-side up, on top of pudding.
- Spoon cherry pie filling over Cupcakes.
- Spoon whipped topping over cherries.
- Refrigerate several hours or until set.