Recipe by ellie3763
from foodnetwork.com, originally from gourmet magazine // a not-too-sweet chocolate cupcake, suggested to be frosted with butterscotch icing // yet to try
- 1⁄3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 half-cup muffin tins with paper lines.
- Boil water.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cocoa powder and the water until the cocoa powder is dissolved and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, the baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer cream together the butter and the sugar and beat in the whole egg and the egg yolk, beating until the mixture is combined well.
- Beat in the cocoa mixture alternately with the flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Divide the batter among paper-lined muffin tins.
- Bake the cupcakes for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Turn the cupcakes out onto a rack and let them cool completely before frosting.