Recipe by cupcakelover
I tried this recipe (from Allrecipes.com) and thought it definitely needed to be shared. It made incredibly moist, cakelike chocolate cupcakes that took very little time to prepare and didn't require the melting of chocolate. They were very very good!
Top Review by Darkhunter
MMmmmmm. Very good! Love to use cocoa in a cake recipe. Made as muffin tops! Used sylvi's Recipe #315870. Went together very well. (DUH!). Thnx for posting, cupcakelover. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, soft
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Frost with your favorite frosting when cool.