Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
I found this recipe from the newspapers today (The Straits Times, 8 Apr 2007). It seemed rather interesting so I'm posting it up here for safekeeping. I haven't tried it yet, I'll edit it (to make it healthier) after trying :) Preparation time is just a guess.
- 150 g sweet butter or 150 g salted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 150 water
- 35 g cocoa powder
- 170 g cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Line 12 muffin or cupcake tins with paper cups.
- Combine butter, salt (if using) and water in a small saucepan until butter has melted and mixture is about to boil.
- Whisk in cocoa until well combined. set aside to cool.
- Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together into a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and vanilla essence together and pour into the cooled cocoa mixture.
- Mix into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Fill tins 1/2 to 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. :).