1/2 Photos of Chocolate Cup/Cakes With Fluffy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Frosti
This is a wonderful recipe that was given to me by a friend years ago. The cake and frosting are easy to put together in less than an hour. The cake is moist and chocolatey and the frosting complements it well with a light peanut butter flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix (any chocolate cake mix will do)
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix (I use sugar free)
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat is fine)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coffee, if you don't have coffee add water instead (instant or brewed)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1/2-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like mini and it's optional)
- 1Cake:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, applesauce, oil, eggs, coffee/water, milk, and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 3Fill pan: 2 round cake pans, 1 bunt pan, or 24 cup cakes. **For cup cakes, spray or use liners and fill each with one level ice cream scoop, it makes the perfect amount.
- 4Bake for 50 to 55 minutes for cake or 20-25 min for cupcakes. It is done when the top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean, test twice because you might have hit a chocolate chip the first time. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate and frosting.
- 5Frosting:In small bowl with mixer at low speed (or by hand), combine marshmallow creme, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla until blended.
- 6Increase speed to medium (or keep mixing by hand) and add confectioners' sugar and milk, adding just enough milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cup/Cakes With Fluffy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Frosti
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.5
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 471.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g