Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Kids of all ages love these. Perfect for summertime, no baking for this recipe. This is also great made with same amount of crispy rice cereal in place of the cornflakes. Can also be made in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 cups corn flakes cereal, slightly crushed
- 2 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- In a large saucepan, combine peanut butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and honey; stir over medium heat until JUST to a boil and the mixture smooth (this can be done in the microwave also).
- Remove from heat, stir in peanuts and vanilla.
- Gradually add in cornflakes; stirring until well coated.
- Press the mixture evenly into a lightly greased 11x7-inch baking dish.
- In the microwave or a small saucepan, melt the margarine with chocolate chips until smooth.
- Pour/spread the mixture over the bars in the pan.
- Chill until set.
- Cut into bars.
My family devoured these! They are so yummy! I used Wheaties because we didn't have any cornflakes around. I will be making these again!