Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a 1961 Southern California Gas Company booklet called "Smart Girls Cook with Modern Gas".
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup white corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 1⁄2 cups ready-to-eat cereal
- Measure first four ingredients into a 3-quart saucepan. Cover pan.
- Place on heat controlled top burner. Heat at 175 for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover. Stir mixture. Add cereal and blend well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Cool at room temperature.