Mindi Bunch's Note:
I found this recipe in the Kraft Food & Family Magazine, Summer 2005 issue. It looks like something the kids could make with a little help from mom or dad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- 2Place butter and marshmallows in large microwavable bowl; microwave on high 45 seconds.
- 3Stir with rubber scraper; microwave additional 30 seconds or until marshmallows are melted.
- 4Measure 1/2 cup peanut butter. Remove 2 tablespoons peanut butter and set aside.
- 5Stir remaining peanut butter into marshmallow mixture.
- 6Immediately add cereal; stir until well-coated.
- 7With wet hands, press cereal into pan.
- 8Place chocolate squares in small microwavable bowl with remaining peanut butter.
- 9Microwave on high 30 to 45 seconds, or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- 10Pour chocolate mixture over cereal treats, spread with rubber scraper to cover.
- 11Refrogerate 15 minutes until frosting is set. Cut into 16 squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Crunch Squares
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.9
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 114.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Honey Bunches of Oats cereal