Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in the Kraft Food & Family Magazine, Summer 2005 issue. It looks like something the kids could make with a little help from mom or dad.
- Spray bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Place butter and marshmallows in large microwavable bowl; microwave on high 45 seconds.
- Stir with rubber scraper; microwave additional 30 seconds or until marshmallows are melted.
- Measure 1/2 cup peanut butter. Remove 2 tablespoons peanut butter and set aside.
- Stir remaining peanut butter into marshmallow mixture.
- Immediately add cereal; stir until well-coated.
- With wet hands, press cereal into pan.
- Place chocolate squares in small microwavable bowl with remaining peanut butter.
- Microwave on high 30 to 45 seconds, or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal treats, spread with rubber scraper to cover.
- Refrogerate 15 minutes until frosting is set. Cut into 16 squares.
Very tasty! They didn't last long in this house!
These are delicious! My kids and I made them and we really liked them. Next time I will probably add 1/2 cup more marshmallows as we like them very gooey. Also, I use natural peanut butter that is refrigerated so would probably heat that in the micro while melting the marshmallows next time. It was cold when I put it in and I had to heat it a little longer to melt the peanut butter. Tasty recipe - thanks for sharing!