Recipe by akgrown
This sinfully delicios pie is so easy and different from other Mud Pies. It has a creamy chocolate layer between a real whipped cream on top and a crunchy chocolaty crust made with Rice Crispies.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Oh gosh this was really good! I used confectioners sugar for the filling instead of granulated sugar to make it more fluffy and lighter. The crust on this is wonderful as is for the whole pie, great recipe akgrown! thanks for sharing...Kitten
- 3 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- heavy cream, whipped
- chocolate shavings or a dusting cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the crust first. Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave.
- Mix in Rice Krispies. Quickly press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate. The bottom and up the sides.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours or until hard.
- Then blend first five filling ingredients well.
- Fold in Cool Whip and pour into frozen crust.
- Top with real whipped cream and chocolate shavings or a dusting of cocoa powder.
- Serve cold.