Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This sinfully delicios pie is so easy and different from other Mud Pies. It has a creamy chocolate layer between a real whipped cream on top and a crunchy chocolaty crust made with Rice Crispies.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- heavy cream, whipped
- chocolate shavings or a dusting cocoa powder
- Make the crust first. Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave.
- Mix in Rice Krispies. Quickly press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate. The bottom and up the sides.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours or until hard.
- Then blend first five filling ingredients well.
- Fold in Cool Whip and pour into frozen crust.
- Top with real whipped cream and chocolate shavings or a dusting of cocoa powder.
- Serve cold.
Oh gosh this was really good! I used confectioners sugar for the filling instead of granulated sugar to make it more fluffy and lighter. The crust on this is wonderful as is for the whole pie, great recipe akgrown! thanks for sharing...Kitten
These seemed more like Kellogs chocolate rice krispie treats at first, but when I tried them they were not quite those in texture, but the taste was awesome! My only problem with this recipe was that since the filling stays creamy, the rice krispies get soggy when you cut them. But as long as the krispies are crisp, this is deliciouS! Thanks akgrown for this scrumptious recipe!! Will be made very often in this household :D