Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are a bit different as they only cook for 10minutes at quite a low temperature.
- 175 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1. Beat butter, vanilla extract and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in combined sifted flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda, and milk chocolate. Mix until combined.
- 2. Roll level tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Place 4cm apart on oven trays lined with baking paper. Flatten each one with a fork to form a criss cross pattern.
- 3. Cook in a moderately slow oven (160 degrees celsius) for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool on trays.