Recipe by MarieRynr
Tana Ramsay (wife of Chef Gordon) made these on the This Morning show today and Phil and Fern were waxing rhapsodic about them. I just had to post the recipe so I don't lose it. I am going to be trying these babies real soon. They sound and looked delish!
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 14 ounces golden caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 ounces plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cocoa powder
- 12 ounces chocolate (either chips or a bar broken into small pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a small pan and pour into a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and eggs, mixing well. Sift the flour and cocoa powder together and then stir. Stir in the chocolate chunks.(I'd use Green and Black Organic chocolate here).
- Line a square tin (9-inch) with parchment paper and grease. Pour the brownie mixture in and smooth over.
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes in a 180°C/350°F oven.
- Remove from oven and cut into 2-inch squares. Using a palette knife, transfer from the tin onto a cooling rack. This helps the brownies from over carry over cooking and becoming a little dry.