Recipe by nancyal
I found this recipe in Country Women magazine. I had to make cookies for a church picnic, and everyone raved over these. i did sift the flour with the cocoa when i made these.
Top Review by bgalberta
These are by far the best brownies I've ever had, and I've had quite a few! :) One summer I dedicated myself to finding the perfect brownie recipe, and so for weeks on end out at the lake I baked brownies upon brownies. There was always lots of company and kids around to help eat the various samples. Hands down, this recipe from Country Woman magazine won the great brownie bake-off! Love it!!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 6 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar; add eggs.
- Stir in cocoa, flour, vanilla, and salt.
- Spread into a greased 13-in x 9-in x 2-in baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until brownies test done.
- Spread marshmallow creme over cooled brownies.
- In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in the cereal.
- Spread over marshmallow layer.
- Chill before cutting.