Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simply start with a mix,this is a chocolate treat like no other. Decadent chocolate brownie with a peanutty crispy topping, for kids of all ages !!
- Mix together the brownie mix, water, eggs, and chocolate topping until blended well.
- Spray a 9x13 glass pan with cooking spray.
- Press the brownie into the pan, then bake 25-30 min's.
- Test by inserting a toothpick (or dry spaghetti) about 2" from the side of the pan, then cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in the rice krispies, then spread over the cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate until set.
Thanks to Chef Dee's Cook-A-Thon I chose to try this recipe out. I chose to take this to our state fair we belong to . Our group in the barn loved this recipe. I would not change a thing. Great recipe to try.
personally i'd probably give these a 4* rating, but DH and the kids absolutely raved over these, and wanted to give them "a bazillion stars!" they did keep talking about ways to make them better - mainly bigger pieces and layering them on top of each other to get more in a serving LOL. i used a brownie mix recipe found here on zaar but followed the directions as written otherwise, ended up having to cook the brownies almost an extra 20 minutes to get them cooked through (guessed at the temp as there's none listed here) and i think the brownie layer ended up being a little too delicate for the topping. next time i'll follow the directions for the mix and then add the topping here. definitely a rich and tasty desert, i had to fight DH off of the bowl as i was scooping the topping out of it LOL. one thing, this is easy enough to make, but takes lots of time for cooling the brownies and then the topping layer. make sure you plan ahead!
Made for Chef Dee Cook-a-thon Made these brownies for my chocolate loving husband and he gave them a big 5 plus rating. He got a nice brownie with a crunchy top. Two treats in one. Thanks Chef Dee. Bullwinkle