Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mr. Food recipe - I love his recipes - not gourmet but simple and easy recipes almost anyone should be able to make. Found this one in a yahoo group. Sounds fattening and very yummy
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate-covered english toffee bars, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 32 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the cake.
- mix, oil, and eggs; blend well. Stir in the chocolate and white.
- baking chips and the candy bar pieces. (The mixture will be thick.).
- Press half of the mixture into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish and.
- bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saucepan, combine.
- the butter, caramels, and sweetened condensed milk over medium-low.
- heat, cooking until the caramels are melted and the mixture is.
- smooth, stirring occasionally. Slowly pour the caramel mixture over.
- the partially baked cake and top with the remaining cake batter. Bake.
- for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is set and the edges are deep.
- golden brown. Let cool for 20 minutes, then run a knife around the.
- sides of the baking dish to loosen. Let cool for 40 more minutes,.
- then chill for 1 hour. Cut into bars and serve.