Candle Lover's Note:
Mr. Food recipe - I love his recipes - not gourmet but simple and easy recipes almost anyone should be able to make. Found this one in a yahoo group. Sounds fattening and very yummy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate-covered english toffee bars, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- 32 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the cake.
- 2mix, oil, and eggs; blend well. Stir in the chocolate and white.
- 3baking chips and the candy bar pieces. (The mixture will be thick.).
- 4Press half of the mixture into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish and.
- 5bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saucepan, combine.
- 6the butter, caramels, and sweetened condensed milk over medium-low.
- 7heat, cooking until the caramels are melted and the mixture is.
- 8smooth, stirring occasionally. Slowly pour the caramel mixture over.
- 9the partially baked cake and top with the remaining cake batter. Bake.
- 10for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is set and the edges are deep.
- 11golden brown. Let cool for 20 minutes, then run a knife around the.
- 12sides of the baking dish to loosen. Let cool for 40 more minutes,.
- 13then chill for 1 hour. Cut into bars and serve.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Crunch Bars
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.5
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 252.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 42.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g