Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe comes from one of those checkout stand cookbooks in the supermarket. It is easy to make and chocolate. It's absolutely delicious and chocolate. Did I mention it was chocolate? Yum!
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 regular-size plain croissants
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup whipped cream (optional)
- Beat milk, eggs, sugar, cocoa, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl.
- Grease a 1-quart casserole. Cut the croissants into 1-inch pieces and layer half in the casserole along with the chocolate chips, and half the egg mixture. (I use the crock pot insert.) Repeat layers with remaining croissants and egg mixture.
- Add a rack to a 5-quart crock pot. Pour in 1 cup water. Place casserole on rack. Cover and cook on LOW 3 to 4 hours. Remove casserole from crock pot. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped cream, if desired.
- Note: I did make this in my 3-1/2 quart crock pot with no problems.