1 hr 10 mins
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello on the Food Network. The recipe says it serves 6, I think it really serves many more--probably double! This is a wonderful bread pudding that is delicious as well as easy to make. It is sure to impress friends and family!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 12 croissants
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped small
Bourbon Ice Cream Sauce
- 1Bread Pudding:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3In a food processor, combine butter and sugar process until well blended.
- 4Add cinnamon, and vanilla, and pulse to combine.
- 5While the processor is running crack 5 eggs into the mixture.
- 6Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides.
- 7Add the heavy cream and pulse to combine.
- 8Lightly butter a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
- 9Break up the croissants into 1-inch pieces and layer in the pan.
- 10Scatter the raisins and shaved bittersweet chocolate over the top, and gently mix to incorporate.
- 11Pour the egg mixture over the croissants; soak for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 12You will need to push croissants pieces down during this time to ensure even coverage by egg mixture.
- 13Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- 14Remove foil and bake for additional 10 minutes to brown the top.
- 15The croissant bread pudding is done when the custard is set, but still soft.
- 16Allow to cool.
- 17Bourbon Ice Cream Sauce:.
- 18Place ice cream in refrigerator the day before the party.
- 19When time to serve the bread pudding, stir in bourbon and serve with bread pudding or another dessert like vanilla or chocolate cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding With Bourbon Ice Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1342.5
- Calories from Fat 792
- Total Fat 88.1 g
- Saturated Fat 52.0 g
- Cholesterol 460.8 mg
- Sodium 1005.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 69.1 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: