Recipe by Juenessa
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello on the Food Network. The recipe says it serves 6, I think it really serves many more--probably double! This is a wonderful bread pudding that is delicious as well as easy to make. It is sure to impress friends and family!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 12 croissants
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped small
Bourbon Ice Cream Sauce
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 ounces Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Bread Pudding:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine butter and sugar process until well blended.
- Add cinnamon, and vanilla, and pulse to combine.
- While the processor is running crack 5 eggs into the mixture.
- Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides.
- Add the heavy cream and pulse to combine.
- Lightly butter a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
- Break up the croissants into 1-inch pieces and layer in the pan.
- Scatter the raisins and shaved bittersweet chocolate over the top, and gently mix to incorporate.
- Pour the egg mixture over the croissants; soak for 8 to 10 minutes.
- You will need to push croissants pieces down during this time to ensure even coverage by egg mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for additional 10 minutes to brown the top.
- The croissant bread pudding is done when the custard is set, but still soft.
- Allow to cool.
- Bourbon Ice Cream Sauce:.
- Place ice cream in refrigerator the day before the party.
- When time to serve the bread pudding, stir in bourbon and serve with bread pudding or another dessert like vanilla or chocolate cake.