Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted by request
Make and share this Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Position oven rack in the center of oven; preheat oven to 350°; lightly spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice the croissants in half lengthwise; place them on a baking sheet and toast them until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place them in the baking dish, breaking some up to fill in holes.
- In the double boiler insert, over simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter.
- In a big bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, sugar, and liqueur together until smooth.
- Slowly whisk ¼ cup of the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture to temper it.
- Slowly stir the tempered egg mixture into the chocolate mixture and continue stirring until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate-egg mixture slowly over the croissants; using the back of a spoon, submerge the croissants in the liquid for maximum absorption.
- Place baking dish in a larger shallow pan such as a roasting pan, and place it on the oven rack.
- Pour enough hot water into the larger pan to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake the pudding for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or just until the center is set when gently shaken.
- Remove baking dish from the water bath and serve the pudding immediately, or let cool on a baking rack until room temperature; serve with whipped cream.