2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Posted by request
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position oven rack in the center of oven; preheat oven to 350°; lightly spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Slice the croissants in half lengthwise; place them on a baking sheet and toast them until golden, about 8 minutes.
- 3Remove from the oven and place them in the baking dish, breaking some up to fill in holes.
- 4In the double boiler insert, over simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter.
- 5In a big bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, sugar, and liqueur together until smooth.
- 6Slowly whisk ¼ cup of the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture to temper it.
- 7Slowly stir the tempered egg mixture into the chocolate mixture and continue stirring until smooth.
- 8Pour the chocolate-egg mixture slowly over the croissants; using the back of a spoon, submerge the croissants in the liquid for maximum absorption.
- 9Place baking dish in a larger shallow pan such as a roasting pan, and place it on the oven rack.
- 10Pour enough hot water into the larger pan to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- 11Bake the pudding for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or just until the center is set when gently shaken.
- 12Remove baking dish from the water bath and serve the pudding immediately, or let cool on a baking rack until room temperature; serve with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.7
- Calories from Fat 525
- Total Fat 58.3 g
- Saturated Fat 33.9 g
- Cholesterol 370.0 mg
- Sodium 425.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 39.4 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: