Recipe by Lori Mama
This is a combination of two recipes. The chocolate filling is my son's favorite and I love the crispy crust.
Top Review by Boomette
I don't know what I did wrong, but I couldn't cut a cute slice to take a photo. I think the pudding wasn't thick enough. I'm not so good when it's time to thicken something. The crust and the pudding is very good. The only thing I would change would be to reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup. Cause it's a little bit too sweet. I used a dark cocoa powder. Thanks Lori :) Made for Holiday tag
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust:.
- melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chips and melt.
- add rice cereal and mix til well coated.
- place in greased 9" pie plate and press well to bottom and up the sides.
- chill 30 minutes or until firm.
- For pudding:.
- In saucepan, combine first 3 ingredients.
- whisk in cold water until thick paste forms.
- gradually whisk in boiling water.
- cook over medium heat, whisking all the while, until the mixture thickens.
- about 10 minute.
- remove from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
- transfer to a bowl.
- place a piece of cling wrap on surface to pervent a skin from forming.
- cool pudding
- pour into cooled pie shell and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- top with whipped cream.
- Cook time includes the 2 hour chill time.