Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
Adapted from an Australian Table magazine - very easy for kids to make and very moorish to eat.
Make and share this Chocolate Crispy Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 125 g butter or 125 g margarine
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml rice bubbles or 473.18 ml Rice Krispies
- 236.59 ml self raising flour
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together till pale and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat till smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir till well combined.
- Place heaped tablespoons of mixture on trays.
- Allow room for spreading.
- Bake 15 - 17 minutes, then cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack.
Wonderful biscuits! Everybody LOVED it! And very easy to put together with DD's help! I personally found it a tad bit too sweet but nobody else did, but don't get me wrong, it did not stop me from munching away on these.... But I think next time I shall add in 3/4 cup and see how it goes. Thank you, Katew, for sharing this wonderful recipe, I shall definitely be making these again! Made for PAC spring 2008.
These were great; crispy and crispy! I did use my cookie scoop and my yield was 36. I think you could add a few nuts and that would be great also! I used butter and baked at 350 for about 15 minutes, switching trays half-way through the baking time. Thanks for sharing a great cookie, katew!
I reduced the choc chips to 3/4 cup and still got 26 cookies of good size. They are really yummy and easy to do, I find them a tad sweet and will reduce the sugar next time, although the kids may talk me out of it. On second thought it is not all that bad to have cookies around that you can oly eat one of at a time......UPDATE (two days later) ok - I was wrong, I have had 6 kids through the house and have asked them all if they found the cookies too sweet and they all looked at me as if I was insane. So - if you are making these for kids I would stick the sugar as per the recipe, I know I will, and all kids LOVE them