Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is (to me) a "can't stop eating them" recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- Line a 9x9 inch pan with baking paper.
- Melt honey and peanut butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Bring slowly to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips.
- Stir until they melt.
- Add peanuts and rice cereal.
- Stir to coat.
- Press in prepared pan.
- Chill well before cutting into 25 squares.
I love the combination of flavors all being good things. It is a grown up rice krispie treat that kids would like too!!
Another recipe I chose because I adopted Chef Dudo in 'pick a chef' in October/September 2005. What I like in particular is that you can make out every single flavour/ingredient: the crispyness of the cereal, the nutty flavour of the peanuts, the sweetness of the honey, and the bitter-sweetness of the chocolate. Ok. I'll probably reduce the honey a little bit next time to get rid off a few of the hundreds of calories, but I wouldn't say that these crisps are too sweet. Tiger doesn't want me to reduce the honey, though :).
This is marvellous! We love it!