Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Gooey inside, crispy outside. Vegetable oil, not butter or shortening.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar (approximate)
- Mix sugar and oil.
- Mix in cocoa.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder and mix into cocoa mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Use cookie scoop to make into balls.
- Roll in powders sugar. Make sure they are well coated.
- Place on parchment paper, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack.
These are delicious! They are definitely gooey after just cooking. I found that by the time they were completely cool they were soft, but no longer gooey. I have a super sweet tooth, so I think had these not been rolled in powder sugar I would have wanted them to be a little sweeter, but since they are: Yum! I mixed the cocoa into the dry mixture instead of the wet mixture to avoid clumping, otherwise I didn't change a thing. After mixing the "dough" looked like brownie batter, it was that liquidy. But fear not, chilling it does wonders and make it workable. I had a 1 5/8 oz (1.625 oz) scoop, which made them entirely too big so I tore them in half after scooping and they were just right. I got 34 cookies. Made for PAC Fall 2012.