Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
We used to make these at Christmas time. The kids loved to roll them in the powdered sugar.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares (melted & cooled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
- Thoroughly cream first 3 ingredients. Beat in eggs, then chocolate. In a separate bowl, sift together next 3 ingredients. Add to other ingredients alternately with milk. Add walnuts.
- Chill 3 hours. Form into 1 inch balls. Roll in confectioners sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool slightly before removing.
I had a little trouble with the dough rising too.. I did not add the baking powder, should have. Otherwise they were pretty tasty, and unique cookies. Otherwise used 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Good cookies, we all enjoyed. Made for SPRING PAC 2010.
My family loves chocolate crinkle cookies and they really enjoyed these. We loved the addition of the walnuts, something most other chocolate crinkle cookies don't have. This recipe seemed to be missing a leavening ingredient which helps the dough rise, so I added 2 tsp. baking powder and that worked well. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe. *Made for Fall PAC 2008*