Recipe by The Butter Biatch
We used to make these at Christmas time. The kids loved to roll them in the powdered sugar.
Top Review by weekend cooker
I had a little trouble with the dough rising too.. I did not add the baking powder, should have. Otherwise they were pretty tasty, and unique cookies. Otherwise used 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Good cookies, we all enjoyed. Made for SPRING PAC 2010.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares (melted & cooled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly cream first 3 ingredients. Beat in eggs, then chocolate. In a separate bowl, sift together next 3 ingredients. Add to other ingredients alternately with milk. Add walnuts.
- Chill 3 hours. Form into 1 inch balls. Roll in confectioners sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool slightly before removing.