Recipe by Acerast
My family really enjoys these chocolatey cookies. They are usually one of the first to go on the holiday cookie tray. There are other versions on this site but this one has a bit less sugar so more of the chocolatey flavor comes through. (Preparation time includes chill time for easier handling).
Top Review by *Pixie*
What a delightful cookie!! They taste great, look lovely and are really easy to make! I baked some for use right away and froze some pressed into mini muffin pans for use later. I baked for 9 minutes and they were perfect, light and oh so chocolate. Delicious, thanks for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in a microwave; cool.
- In a mixing bowl beat together eggs, granulated sugar. cooled melted chocolate, oil and vanilla.
- In another bowl combine baking powder and flour.
- Beat flour mixture into chocolate mixture.
- Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours for easier handling.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in confectioner's sugar.
- Place balls 1-inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes or until adges are set and tops are crackled.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Sprinkle with additional confectioner's sugar if desired.