Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Chocolate and powdered sugar together in one delicious cookie! Thanks Mom!
Make and share this Chocolate Crinkles recipe from Food.com.
- Cream shortening, sugar, vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, then chocolate.
- In another bowl sift 2 cup flour, baking powder, salt:mix well.
- Add this alternately with milk to shortening mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Form into one-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheet 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350°F for approx 10 minutes for soft cookies, 13 for more firm/hard.
- Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet, then cool on wire racks.
I baked at 350 F. for 11 mins. and got soft chewy cookies. Keep the dough in the fridge between rolling to keep it from getting mushy. It was easier to scoop abt. a tsp. full of dough onto the powdered sugar and roll it into a ball once it was coated in the powdered sugar. Delicious.
What beautiful, soft, chocolate cookies! They looked wonderful on my cookie trays and were a hug hit at my daughter's school and husband's office. I will say that I was skeptical that they would even turn out after looking at my refrigerated cookie dough. It was the stickest dough I've ever seen. I added an extra 1/2 cup of flour because I couldn't handle the dough, then I put it back in the refrigerator for an additional hour. While the dough was extremely sticky, I was able to form it into 1-inch round balls which I then rolled in confectioner's sugar (keep your dough in the refrigerator between trays). Thanks for some great Christmas cookies!
Great recipe. Easy to make and the family loved them. I assumed that you baked at 350 since it didnt say. But I cooked for a bit longer at that temperature and it worked out fine.