Recipe by Kathy(
Found at Odense.com Looks like Chocolate Crinkles recipe, but has almond paste and sounds like a bit of a macaroon style to it.
- 198.44 g almond paste, grated
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar, firmly packed
- 59.14 ml cocoa, firmly packed
- 29.58 ml flour
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2 large egg whites (not extra-large)
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine almond paste, 1 cup powdered sugar, cocoa, flour, and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat on a low speed until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add egg whites and vanilla. Beat on a high speed for 2-3 minutes, or until a smooth, shiny paste. Cover and chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Put 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Drop dough into sugar using a level tablespoon measuring spoon or a lightly oiled cookie scoop. Quickly turn dough (it is sticky) to cover with sugar. Roll into a ball between palms and drop onto cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until firm on top. Cool on wire rack. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.