Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 19 mins
Found at Odense.com Looks like Chocolate Crinkles recipe, but has almond paste and sounds like a bit of a macaroon style to it.
- 7 ounces almond paste, grated
- 1 cup powdered sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 large egg whites (not extra-large)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Combine almond paste, 1 cup powdered sugar, cocoa, flour, and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat on a low speed until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add egg whites and vanilla. Beat on a high speed for 2-3 minutes, or until a smooth, shiny paste. Cover and chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Put 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Drop dough into sugar using a level tablespoon measuring spoon or a lightly oiled cookie scoop. Quickly turn dough (it is sticky) to cover with sugar. Roll into a ball between palms and drop onto cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until firm on top. Cool on wire rack. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.