An attractive fudgy cookie with a crackled appearance. I received the recipe from a male co-worker who makes these every year for the whole building. These are my friend Roo's favorite cookies. She calls them clouds of love because she knows I only bake these for special people.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar and oil; I use a wooden spoon.
- Add cocoa, blending well.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; add to cocoa mixture, blending well.
- Cover and refrigerate until dough is firm enough to handle, usually overnight.
- Dough has the consistency of soft fudge.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Spray a#50 cookie scoop (the 2 tbles size) with Pam (you may have to repeat several times) and scoop dough out and roll in powdered sugar.
- keep dough in fridge between batches.
- Place cookies about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes until almost no indentation remains when touched lightly and tops are crackled.
- place cookies on wire racks and cool completely.
- Recipe does not seem to double well; dough comes out too soft.