Recipe by Dine & Dish
These are simple and delicious cookies. Sure to satisfy that chocolate craving! I received this recipe from a friend of mine a long time ago, and it has been a family favorite ever since!
Top Review by ShaGun
These needed something else to them -- maybe walnuts or pecans. After tasting the first batch I topped each cookie with a peppermint-flavored Hershey's kiss as soon as they came out of the oven. That helped a lot. I served these at a pot luck and had numerous people say they looked nice with the Hershey's kiss on top, but no one said they tasted good. There were lots of leftovers.
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine (softened, NOT melted)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave 1 cup of chocolate morsels in microwave safe bowl on high power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 20 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Let cool.
- Combine Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt in small bowl.
- Beat Granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until crumbly.
- Beat in melted chocolate.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in remaining morsels.
- Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Shape firm dough into 1 1/2 inch balls; roll in powdered sugar.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still slightly soft.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.