Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies have an almost brownie-like texture and keep for about 5 days (if you can rsist that long), they are divine, there is no other word for it.
- heat oven to 160 degrees.
- melt chocolate and butter over a small pan of simmering water or in a microwave until smooth.
- cool slightly.
- in a seperate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- beat eggs and sugar with electric mixture until pale, about 2 minutes.
- reduce speed and add chocolate mix and vanilla extract.
- add flour mixture until blended together.
- cover bowl and put in fridge for 1 1/2 hours, or even up to 2 days.
- put icing sugar in a small bowl.
- shape the dough into 4cm balls and roll in the sugar.
- put them on baking sheets lined with baking paper and press down lightly with your hand to flatten.
- bake for 12-15 minutes for soft centres and set edges.
- let cool on a baking sheets for 5 minutes.
- turn on to wire rack to cool.